Thursday 17 November 2011

Practicing pirouettes

This is just a short blog to show private practice of pirouettes because I really would like to be able to do a clean double pirouette and even a triple. In order to be able to do this I need to use my spot and spot quicker and also go into the pirouette with a positive attitude, I know I have the strength to do this and the co-ordination so its just thinking about my spot and not being negative about it going into the actual turn.


This video shows an attempt at a double but I actually think I only made a one and a half, this maybe because of my spot or thinking I had to do it because I was being filmed. No matter what I need to remember to finish the pirouette and not to just fall out of it.


This video shows an attempt at a pirouette that fails! I have uploaded this to show that I can go wrong . I have being uploading videos when something is right but when something goes wrong this is when you learn more, seeing the mistakes. As I mentioned above I should finish the turn off and land it no matter what but on this I just fell out of it and gave up and this is not the attitude I should have. My spot obviously wasnt quick enough.

I aim to keep practicing the pirouettes because as I have said my goal is to be able to do a clean double with no problem and possibly triples. I want to challenge myself and push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment