Thursday 3 November 2011

Practice Practice Practice!!!!

Practicing in the studio when its free with friends to try and push the movement and try with different music, to see if it brings up any different feelings within the sequence and how it changes the movement with the music changes.

I know on these videos that my technique isn't perfect but when i practice in the studio's with friends I like trying to push it and not be perfect with technique. You can tell that I'm not concentrating because my centre isn't held this is why I need to be able to hold my centre without thinking about it to be able to free up my legs, that will make it easier to dance and also more pleasing for an audience member to watch and see a performance. I love dancing to music that I know and I like because I just get lost in the movement and it brings out a quality in me that just enables me to enjoy it and not constantly think about whether it is right or wrong. If I was in a performance and if I went wrong I would have to just improvise and act like nothing happened I mustn't let it show on my face or let the audience know as this would ruin that section for them. Dancing to music helps me do this and helps the confidence to be able to do this. I think I am slowly staring to improve on this as when I used to go wrong I used to just stop and give up almost but now I just carry on with movement until I remember or find the best place to pick it back up again.  I also think that dancing to music gives you musicality and the chance to be able to get lost in it and have a steady beat,  it gives phrasing to your movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment